top button

Have you ever been banned from an online forum? Why?

+2 votes
posted Dec 17, 2018 by Monisha R Shetty

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

I've received a few infractions and temporary suspensions here and there over the years that I've been foruming, but never a permanent ban. Well that changed a few days ago and it doesn't feel very good, it feels kind of hurtful, in fact. I feel as though the ban was unfair, though I do admit, I was rather antagonistic with a few posts. I had been a member of the forum for about 6 months and had a few hundred posts, I never expected to get permanently banned, especially since I never received a warning or infraction first. It's just the internet, I'll get over it, but it's not an experience I'd like to repeat. Has anyone else ever gone through a permanent ban on a forum?

Note: The ban was for making posts that the moderator deemed "politically polarized" and "heavily biased." I'm discussing the ban with the moderating team in an attempt to get it shortened, or even completely repealed, but I'm not holding out much luck.

answer Dec 18, 2018 by Chandrashekar Sarang